PAY POLICY STATEMENT 2021/22
To consider a report by the HR Manager and Pay and Reward Specialist (copy attached) to seek Council approval of the changes to the Pay Policy 2021/22.
The Lead Member for Finance, Performance and Strategic Assets, Councillor Julian Thompson-Hill, introduced the Pay Policy Statement Report (previously circulated).
The report was to seek Council approval of the Pay Policy Statement which had been drafted in accordance with the requirements of 38(i) of the Localism Act 2011 and incorporated all existing pay arrangements for the workforce groups within the Council, including Chief Officers and the lowest paid employees.
Councillor Mabon ap Gwynfor expressed his disappointment as there were two salary point below the Real Living Wage.
The Head of Legal, HR and Democratic Services, Gary Williams, confirmed work was ongoing with respect to a report to Council on the Real Living Wage. It was within the forward work programme but date to be confirmed.
There was a large amount of work required which was ongoing as soon as all the information was available, a report would be submitted to Full Council.
The Corporate Director : Economy and Public Realm also confirmed that information regarding the pay claim for the year was awaited and would have a financial impact on various calculations.
The annual national pay negotiations were paused during the Senedd election campaign and had since been recommenced.
Councillor Julian Thompson-Hill proposed Full Council approve the Pay Policy, seconded by Councillor Christine Marston.
A vote took place and it was unanimously agreed to accept the Pay Policy.
RESOLVED that Full Council agree the recommendation from the Senior Leadership Remuneration Panel to the changes to the Pay Policy for 2021/22 (copy in Appendix A)
- Pay Policy Report 2021-22, item 8. PDF 126 KB
- Appendix A - Pay Scales for NJC Employees, item 8. PDF 105 KB
- Appendix B - Pay Scales for Chief Officers, item 8. PDF 64 KB
- Appendix C - Pay Scales for Soulbury Workers, item 8. PDF 108 KB
- Appendix D - Pay Scales for JNC Youth Workers, item 8. PDF 132 KB
- Appendix E - SLT Remuneration Panel Terms of Reference, item 8. PDF 414 KB
- Appendix F - Local Government Election - Schedule of Charges, item 8. PDF 205 KB
- Pay Policy 2021-2022 - accessible, item 8. PDF 443 KB
- Pay & Reward Policies Well Being Assessment, item 8. PDF 81 KB